4. A legend with bullet points for the visited/ planning to visit places
The legend of the map can be divided not only according to names but also places that you have visited and places you still plan to visit.
“Paul’s World Travels
• Places I’ve been to
• Scheduled trips
• My Bucket list”
- You can mark not only the places you have already visited but also the ones you only plan or wish to visit;
- You’ll be able to see your travel goals every day, and this way you’ll stay motivated!
- Such a map is mostly useful for a single person or a family whose members always travel together. Different colors of pins mean different travel statuses rather than people.
5. A greeting for the recipient
Another great idea is to write down a personal greeting on the map. Before you do that, we recommend thinking it through very carefully, so that the words you choose would remain relevant with time passing.
“Happy 18th Birthday! We wish you traveling around the world. Mom & Dad”
- The recipient of the map will always know and remember the person that gave them this special gift;
- It brings back nice memories about a special occasion.
- The greeting might get old and look irrelevant with time passing.
6. Names of newlyweds and the wedding date
A personalized world traveler map can also be a meaningful wedding gift. To make it more personal, you can use the ideas mentioned above or put down the names of the newlyweds, their new family name, and the wedding date. In this way, you’ll encourage the newlyweds to track their travels as a married couple.
“Megan & Tom Johnson’s World Travels.
Since April 2, 2020″
- A very personal and meaningful gift;
- A good motivation for the newlyweds to travel;
- They can track their travels as a married couple since the wedding date.
- Some newlyweds might want to mark the trips they made before the wedding. In such a case, writing down the date is not practical.
7. Company logo
A world travel map can also be a good fit for a company. You could mark the places your team members traveled to for vacations, you can pin the company offices in different countries, places where your clients are located, or directions where the company is planning to expand to. To make the map more personal, put a company logo on it.
- It fits your company’s style and looks good in the office.
- It can be unclear what is being marked on the map. Next to the logo, it’s worth putting down an explanation about the purpose of the map. For example, “Our team’s vacations”, “Our clients abroad” etc.”
Things worth thinking through before you personalize your map
- Number of people that are going to use the map;
- Is there a chance this number might change with time passing?
- What will be the order and logic of the pins on your map?
- Can the words you write down on the map lose their relevance after a few years?
A personalized world traveler map will fill you up with good emotions – every day you’ll be able to remember your best travel memories. It can also be a very special and personal gift for your loved ones, parents, friends, or newlyweds.
A well-chosen personal touch and a good quality map will never go out of style and will give you joy for a lot of years.
“50 Wedding Anniversary Quotes to Personalize Your Push Pin Travel Map”
“40 Inspiring Quotes to Personalize Your Push Pin Travel Map”
“Personalized Anniversary Push Pin Map: 4 Main Things to Consider Before Buying”